Making sets: Living room

I am fairly hopeless at building sets but since I was doing this by myself I decided to go with what I know and use foamboard as apposed to wood which I did on my group project last year. The foam board is sturdy enough and more easily obtainable so seemed the obvious option.

First of all I searched craft shops for ideas and things to use
It was then i decided to use some dollhouse furniture.




I used wall paper, carpets and skirting boards and other bits and bobs like paintings and photo frames.


Other things like the sofa and table I made from plasticine, which I painted with acrylic to give a glossy shine like in wood polish and pleather





Originally I had a real life miniture Christmas tree (as seen in the red alien tests), but naturally it died and so I replaced it with a simular sized one, made from plastic. This didn't make too much difference as people do have both real annd fake Christmas trees, but just like in real life the real one would have looked a lot better.

For the fireplace I cut out a rectangle that my Santa would fit through and stuck on foamboard that I had covered with a stone paper, then placed tinsel and a reef over it from craft shop, i also made some stockings to hang up out of plasticine.


After this I made a family photo with timmy and his parents, for this I had to make him a mum and dad specifically for this photo that I then hung above the fire place.




I then procceded to design some Christmas cards to decorate the room further, I did 11 designs in total and are as follows:




I intend to use these designs as buisness cards as a tiny Christmas card may stand out above the rest.
eg:

Front


Back

After adding all the extra bits and bobs to the set such as gifts, a glass, a bottle of whisky and some cookies etc. my set was ready to animate in...

No comments:

Post a Comment